Early identification and assessment of hazards and simultaneous operations provides essential input to project development decisions at a time when a change of design has a minimal cost penalty. A study is carried out by an experienced multi-disciplined team using a structured approach, the key of your success. Potential problems are highlighted for action outside the meeting.
The focus, nature and desired goal of the assessment will dictate whether we plan for a HAZID, HAZOP or FMECA session. TOP’s well experienced consultants decide this together with our clients, based on the actual casus and desired outcome.
In the preparation phase, we determine the scope, required disciplines and we create a landscape of areas to be assessed.
In phase 1 we help pre-populating the matrices as much as possible with the hazards and consequences. This saves time during the actual session. We send invitations and the ‘Session Charter’ to the participants well in advance.
We start with a general instruction on the structure, process and do’s & don’ts. We use pictures, scheme’s, drawings, etc. in order to increase general knowledge of the subject and to have all parties involved lined up with a focus in the same direction. During the final session we give guidance to the team in a way they are able to make the translation into risk management procedures.
Afterwork & Delivery
After the sessions are finished, the facilitators will do necessary re-work and deliver the outcome. An evaluation meeting is included and free of charge.
– Abraham Lincoln
1. Compliance with legal requirements for risk assessments;
2. Inherent process safety with reduced capital and operational costs;
3. Early identification of hazards and involved regulatory bodies (stakeholder analyses);
4. Minimizing of problems during commissioning and early operation;
5. Opportunity of sharing knowledge and decision making and learning across engineering functions.
6. TOP provides a skilled and experienced facilitator, who is accompanied by an expert for the registration of the outcome.
The investment depends on the total amount of sessions, (case) studies and other details. We are able to make an offer after the availability of this information.